Hillview is located in the west area of Singapore, between Bukit Panjang, Bukit Batok, and Bukit Timah. This may not be a popular area in Singapore but it would surprisingly amaze a visitor to take a tour around the area. It is rich in nature, heritage and shopping experience. The location of The Midwood Hong Leong Group is located at Hillview Avenue and Hillview Rise.
Shopping Mall Near to Hillview Rise
1. The Rain Mall – this is a one storey shopping center in Singapore. This mall is located on the opposite side of the Hillview road. Hillview road houses restaurants and other food establishments and other amenities for the residents near to Hillview Rise.
2. Hillview mansion – also famously known as the Green House, this old structure is located on top of Hillview Hill. This is also rumored as a haunted house. Unfortunately, the Mansion has been demolished and all you will be able to see are debris of stone.
3. Railway Bridge – Unknown to most of us, Singapore has a rich railway heritage. Going beyond Tanjong Pagar station. A 60-M long steel truss bridge at the Upper Bukit Timah Road is considered as a conserved landmark and is also a part of the Green Corridor. If you are curious about the history of the railway, there are photo exhibits at the MRT station. The photos were taken by Darren Soh, a landscape, and architectural photographer.
Activities to Do at Hillview Avenue and Hillview Rise
4. Praisehaven Mega family Thrift Store – this located just beside the Hillview MRT Station or at the Upper Bukit Timah Road. This store is a good place for thrifty, budget conscious, eco-conscious and bargain hunter shoppers. This place has maintained its neatness and cleanliness and the items being sold here are in good condition too. The people in Praisehaven Mega Family Thrift Store also accepts donations so you could donate some of your stuff here too.
5. Dairy farm Nature Park – located beside Bukit Timah Nature reserve, this lush and beautiful 63-hectare park offers nature lovers a one of a kind experience. Take a look around and you will be able to find species of plants and trees. Trees like mango, jackfruit, and rambutan are just some of the example of what you can find. This nature park does not only attract nature lover who loves to enjoy the beauty of nature but it will surely entice mountain biking enthusiast because they can start Bukit Timah Mountain Bike trail from this park. One must be particular also of the no pets allowed policy on the park.
History of Hillview Rise
6. Singapore Quarry – This spot will make you fall in love! This place is just located at the back of Dairy Farm Nature Park. This beautiful place has become a habitat and is a good place to enjoy the quietness and serenity of nature.
7. HillV2 – this mall has dining establishments that you may want to try and dine.
8. Memories at Old factory – this will surely excite those who love history. The museum is the site where the British surrendered to the Japanese during World War at II
Now that we were able to check on what to see and enjoy Hillview District, we know it’s worth taking your time to visit it. Enjoy!